Full-Time Bootfitter needed at Ski/Snowboard Shop in Telluride
Summary Description: This position is primarily responsible for the proper fitting of ski and snowboard boots, the sale of ski / snowboard equipment and assisting with inventory control.
- Determine guest needs and provide exceptional bootfitting services, including:
- – – Boot selection and purchase
- – – Boot customizations / modifications
- – – Building of custom foot beds and liners
- Develop successful sales techniques and provide exceptional customer service
- Remain current on ski industry products and trends to share knowledge with guests
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Maintain merchandising of hard good product lines and store cleanliness standards
- Demonstrate the desire to succeed and grow within the company
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Friendly, outgoing and comfortable working with people
- Ski/snowboard background preferred
- Prior bootfitting experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- English fluency, written and verbal
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and regularly lift 50 pounds
- Free Ski Pass
- Incentive/Commission available
- Employee Discounts (ski, retail, outdoor industry and much more!!)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match when eligibility requirements met
- Sick Pay based on hours worked
Salary: Budgeted pay rate starts at: $20/hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Bootdoctors is part of the Christy Sports family of multiple specialty retail brands, all dedicated to delivering an outstanding guest experience. We love what we do and where we live and want to share it. We want to provide guests of all levels, a comfortable, inviting atmosphere where we can share our passion and knowledge.
It is our commonalities across the company and more importantly with our guests that make us who we are today: A company of passionate team members, who understand how each interaction impacts the ultimate experience of all our guests. It’s not just a job, it’s a lifestyle.