Full-Time Director of Finance needed at Boutique Luxury Hotel in Telluride
Join our team as Director of Finance at Madeline and become one of the authors of our story. You will be responsible for driving strong financial performance at the hotel while enhancing owner relations. We look to the person in this position to deliver superior financial performance, ensure operational efficiencies, implement effective financial controls, and put in place practical, non-bureaucratic policies and procedures.
- Lead the daily financial formulation and implementation of the strategic fiscal plan and budget for the Hotel, alongside the General Manager and the Executive Committee.
- Oversee all finance functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Income Audit.
- Maximize cash flow performance of the hotel.
- Establish, monitor and enforce adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets.
- Deal honestly and fairly with clients, customers, suppliers, and financial partners. Our reputation and long-term success depend on establishing mutually beneficial relationships
- Maintain accurate and timely financial information and provide analysis interpretations and projections.
- Take responsibility for the professional development of all Hotel staff. This includes identifying training needs and supporting the funding of necessary training.
- Ensure safe and proper storage and access for all contracts, leases, and other financial records.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in monthly and yearly reviews with owner/asset manager to include budget and forecasting in addition to monthly financial reporting and commentary.
- Act as financial liaison with ownership group; provide any required information, documentation and analysis as requested and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Executive Committee to achieve budgeted objectives,
- Maintain an awareness and comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- File financial business/annual reports.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Protect the operations and the asset by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Follow strict adherence to financial and operational internal control systems provided by Home Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance and/or 5+ years experience in a comparable property and Title
- Prior experience as a Director of Finance or similar role in a resort/hotel
- Strong understanding of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Sound experience with hotel financial reporting software and systems, policies and procedures, and management agreements
- Experience negotiating and managing operating contracts and agreements; demonstrated success in evaluating risk/reward scenarios and ROI opportunities
- Experience in developing proactive strategies and plans to mitigate business risk
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present in a clear and concise manner to senior management and owners
- Understanding of local and national laws and regulations
Salary Range: $145-$160K